Submission deadline: June 30, 2021
1. Current Theme
The 2021 theme for Poetry in Motion is connection.
This theme is open to broad interpretation. Submitted poems may address belonging, nearness or distance, friendship or kinship, correspondence or coincidence, physical or virtual contact, literal or metaphorical passageways, ecological or social responsibility, or any other kind of connectivity.
2. Eligibility Criteria
To submit a poem to Poetry in Motion, entrants must meet the following criteria.
- You must be 16 years of age or older.
- You must be a permanent resident of Nova Scotia (i.e., you have lived in Nova Scotia full-time since the September 1 immediately prior to the submission deadline date, and you file your taxes here). Out-of-province college/university students and seasonal residents are ineligible.
- You must submit only one entry per contest period.
3. Submission Requirements
Submissions must be received by 11:59pm on the contest deadline posted above; must be submitted electronically; and must contain all components listed below. Late, non-digital, or incomplete submissions will be rejected as ineligible.
1. Complete online entry form containing the following:
- Your name, email address, county of residence, and phone number where you may be reached during business hours.
- A short biographical note.
- Confirmation that you meet all eligibility criteria, including that (1) you are 16 years of age or older, (2) you are a permanent resident of Nova Scotia, and (3) the attached poem is your sole entry this year.
- The title and final line count of the attached poem.
2. Poem (published or unpublished) or 10 lines of fewer (including stanza breaks and other blank lines):
- The poem must be in Times New Roman or Arial 12-point font; must use the A4 (8.5″x11″) page size with a minimum 1-inch margin on all sides; and must be in .doc/.docx or .pdf format.
- The file name must use the following format: YourName_Title.pdf, where “YourName” is your full name and “Title” is the title of your poem.
Poetry in Motion Submission Form
(2021 Theme: Connection)
We're currently experiencing slow response times from the server where our website is hosted. This may result in your browser producing an error message (e.g., "This page isn't working" or "This website did not respond") when accessing a WFNS page or when submitting a WFNS form.
When you click the submit button in the form above, if your browser produces such an error message, please
 click your browser's REFRESH button (usually an arrow or arrows forming a circle, such as ↻ or ⟳) and then
 click YES/CONFIRM if you are prompted to "resubmit form"/"resend information" (or any similar prompt).
Following these steps will prevent you from losing any information entered into the form. Do not click your browser's BACK button, as this will empty the form of all information.
When your form is successfully submitted, a confirmation message will appear above and an email contain your form details will be sent to the address you provided.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We're implementing a long-term solution to this issue over the coming weeks.