Suzannah Showler is a poet and nonfiction writer.
She is the author of the poetry collections Thing is (McClelland & Stewart 2017) and Failure to Thrive (ECW 2014). Her most recent book, Most Dramatic Ever (ECW 2018), a book of cultural criticism about the reality TV show The Bachelor, was featured in places like The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Globe & Mail, and CBC Books.
You can read her writing in The New York Times Magazine, The Walrus, Slate, Buzzfeed Reader, Hazlitt, Maisonneuve, and more.
After 10 years in BC, Saskatchewan, Ohio, and Ontario, Suzannah is thrilled to be returning to Halifax.
- Silver National Magazine Award: One of a Kind Storytelling
- Runner Up, National Magazine Award: Best New Writer
- Finalist, RBC Bronwen Wallace Award for Emerging Writers, Poetry
- Shortlist, League of Canadian Poets Gerald Lampert Award
- Longlist, League of Canadian Poets Pat Lowther Memorial Award