Danielle Metcalfe-Chenail specializes in telling hidden, inclusive histories for audiences of all ages. She’s done this for over a decade as a freelancer as well as through her books, which span adult narrative nonfiction, essays, and a best-selling nonfiction picture book.
Danielle is currently working on a follow-up to her debut picture book, along with a creative nonfiction book about the largest Indian Hospital in Canada based on her popular blog, www.ghostsofcamsell.ca. She’s also at work writing and revising fiction for adult and middle grade readers.
If you’re looking for a sharp-eyed cheerleader to help you with editing and coaching, Danielle will help you through the writing and publishing journey with empathy and encouragement. Please contact her directly to discuss working together or through the Coffee Chats program on this site.
- Alis the Aviator: An ABC Aviation Adventure
- In This Together: Fifteen Stories of Truth and Reconciliation
- Polar Winds: A Century of Flying the North
- For the Love of Flying: The Story of Laurentian Air Services
- Recipient of grants from the Canada Council for the Arts, the Edmonton Arts Council, and the Edmonton Heritage Council
- 2010 Berton House Writer in Residence
- Chatelaine Maverick of the Year
- Top 40 under 40 (Avenue Magazine)
- Sizzling 20 under 30