WHEN: Wednesday, May 31, 2017. 6:30 PM
WHERE: The Halifax Central Library's Paul O'Regan Hall
Join us as we celebrate the shortlist for the 2017 East Coast Literary Awards and announce the winners in three categories.
The shortlisted titles for the 2017 East Coast Literary Awards are as follows:
The Thomas Raddall Atlantic Fiction Award (first presented in 1991; valued at $25,000)
- Advocate by Darren Greer (NS) (Cormorant Books)
- The Witches of New York by Ami McKay (NS) (Knopf Canada)
- The Fortunate Brother by Donna Morrissey (NS) (Viking)
The J.M. Abraham Poetry Award (first presented in 1998; valued at $2,000)
- The Back Channels by Jennifer Houle (NB) (Signature Editions)
- The Unlit Path Behind the House by Margo Wheaton (NS) (McGill-Queen’s University Press)
- You Can’t Bury Them All by Patrick Woodcock (NS) (ECW Press)
The Evelyn Richardson Non-Fiction Award (first presented in 1978; valued at $2,000)
- Burnley “Rocky” Jones: Revolutionary by Burnley “Rocky” Jones & James W. St. G. Walker (NS) (Roseway Publishing)
- Redemption Songs by Jon Tattrie (NS) (Pottersfield Press)
- Notes from a Feminist Killjoy by Erin Wunker (NS) (BookThug)
Join us afterwards for a drink at The Fireside Restaurant, at the corner of Birmingham and Artillery Place, steps from the Halifax Central Library.
Halifax Central Library's Paul O'Regan Hall.