APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2014.
Digital submissions are strongly encouraged. If your application is mailed, please do not staple and only print on one side of an 8.5x11 page. Supply a 10 page sample of the work you have in progress. Samples that are longer than requested will be truncated at 10 pages.
Include a cover letter with:
- Postal address.
- Email and phone number where you may be reached during business hours.
- Please provide a written statement confirming that you are 19 years of age or older, and that you are unpublished in the genre in which you wish to apprentice. If it is discovered that the declaration was false, the application will be discarded.
Your application must answer the following questions. Answers should be approximately one paragraph each. Please use Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font.
- How long have you been writing?
- Summarize your writing activity for the past twelve months.
- Provide a brief outline of what you specifically propose to work on during the mentorship period.
- Give a description of the work you'll have available for the mentorship (i.e. number of poems, written, number of pages completed of your fiction or prose manuscript).
- What goal have you set yourself to try and achieve during the time available (approximately five-six months)? Be specific.
- Are you willing and able to make writing a priority during the full course of the program? If not, please do not apply.
- Describe how the mentorship will fit into your schedule.
Deadline: October 1, 2014
These applications must include a $25 application fee. The fee can be paid via PayPal, or by cheque. Please address the cheque to Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia. (Note: Applications will not be considered complete until payment is received.)
Address your applications to WFNS Mentorship Program, 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax, NS, B3H 4P7. For further information, please call our office at 423-8116.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com
- Cover letter that includes your mailing address, email and phone number.
- A written declaration that you are 19 years of age or older and unpublished in the genre you wish to apprentice.
- All questions answered.
- A writing sample of 10 double spaced pages. This will be the piece you wish to work on during the mentorship program.
- Payment has been made either via PayPal, or by mailing in a cheque.
If the name on the PayPal account is different than the name on the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.