APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2013.
There is no application form. To be eligible for this program, writers must provide the following information and materials. Applications must be typewritten, double-spaced, on one side of standard 8½ x 11 paper. DO NOT STAPLE your application. DO NOT SEND more material than is required. Faxed or emailed applications not accepted.
Supply a 10 page sample of the work you have in progress. Samples that are longer than requested will be truncated at 10 pages. Include a cover letter with: Postal address. Email and phone number where you may be reached during business hours. Confirmation that you are 19 years of age or older. Confirmation that you are unpublished in the genre in which you wish to apprentice. Your cover letter must also address the following:
- How long have you been writing?
- Summarize your writing activity for the past twelve months.
- Provide a brief outline of what you specifically propose to work on during the mentorship period.
- Give a description of the work you'll have available for the mentorship (i.e. number of poems, written, number of pages completed of your fiction or prose manuscript).
- What goal have you set yourself to try and achieve during the time available (approximately five-six months)? Be specific.
- Are you willing and able to make writing a priority during the full course of the program? If not, please do not apply. Describe how the mentorship will fit into your schedule.
Deadline: October 1, 2013.
These applications must include a $25 application fee. Faxed and e-mailed materials will not be accepted. Address your applications to WFNS Mentorship Program, 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax, NS, B3H 4P7. For further information, please call our office at 423-8116.